Sunday, October 26, 2014

COMING SOON: THE HEIR, KIERA CASS

Title: The Heir (The Selection, #4)
Author: Kiera Cass
Edition: TBA
Expected Publication: May 5, 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
Pages: 352
Genre: Romance, Dystopian



Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won Prince Maxon's heart. Now the time has come for Princess Eadlyn to hold a Selection of her own. Eadlyn doesn't expect her Selection to be anything like her parents' fairy-tale love story. But as the competition begins, she may discover that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she always thought.

Oh. My. God. Will you look at that cover!? IT IS SO GORGEOUS AND PERFECT AND IS THE EPITOME OF THE SELECTION SERIES. I just discovered this cover tonight and thought of "Hey, why don't I make a new series of posts about the books that are yet to be published?" So that's how this all started. So apart from book reviews (and the possible book-movie adaption reviews), we'll have this.

My initial thoughts on the book from reading the synopsis? Princess Eadlyn. Yes, that's apparently a name in the dystopian world of Kiera Cass' the Selection. The first time reading it got me surprised because apart from the wonderful names (Celeste) from the previous books, this is a huge step. Do you know anyone named Eadlyn in the world? Well I don't and I think she's making this up.

But apparently if you search the web, you can find Eadlyn for baby names and it means "wealthy friend". And the more that I say Eadlyn, the more I'm growing attached to it. Now it's a pretty cool name, don't you think? Eadlyn. Princess Eadlyn America Schreave. OMG YES! :)

On the cover we see Princess Eadlyn, seems like she really took over from her mom. Her bright skin, and brunette hair. All I could say was "wow" because I think Eadlyn is more pretty than America. Moving on to the blurb of the book:

35 SUITORS. 1 PRINCESS. A NEW SELECTION HAS BEGUN.


It's so captivating and it's so exciting because now the tables have turned. Boys will be the ones registering for the Selection and boys will be the ones fighting for one girl. How will all this turn out? I cannot wait. I CANNOT WAIT. I WANT IT NOW. I'm just so excited. And look at the shimmering diamonds on the cover on the mirrors and Eadlyn with her back to us and her hand on her shoulder. It's all so very perfect.

I wish Kiera won't disappoint us with a fourth and fifth book. Not that I don't want the series to continue, but the ending of The One really made me feel satisfied. I don't want anything to happen to the characters and plot anymore, but since there's more sequels, all we could hope for is for Kiera to just make the series even better than before. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment