Wednesday, December 3, 2014

BOOK REVIEW: AFTERLIFE, CLAUDIA GRAY

Title: Afterlife (Evernight, #4)
Author: Claudia Gray
Edition: Paperback
Published: March 8, 2011
Publisher: HarperCollins
Pages: 368
Genre: Romance, Fantasy, Paranormal



It's going to be okay, Lucas, I thought, willing him to hear me past the divide between this world and the next. Wasn't he about to cross that divide to return to me? So maybe we were close enough for him to listen.
We're dead, but we can still be together. Nothing matters more than that. We're stronger than death. Now nothing else ever has to come between us. You and I never have to be apart again.

Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality: they have become what they most feared. Lucas is a vampire, and Bianca is a wraith. Together, they've overcome every obstacle life has thrown at them and fought pitched battles against enemies - mortal and otherwise. Now they must face their biggest challenge so far. They must discover if their love is strong enough to survive what comes after life...

Packed with romance, suspense and page-turning drama, Afterlife delivers a heart-stopping conclusion that won't disappoint the many fans who have made the Evernight series such a runaway success.


I CANNOT CONTAIN WHAT I FELT WHILE I WAS READING THIS.

Let me calm down a bit...

*Inhales* *Exhales*

Okay.

The last book of the Evernight series (crying cause it came to an end). It was at the peak of perfection and everything was so well written and I... I don't know how to explain it. Let me just give out some spoilers.

*START OF SPOILER*
So Bianca is a wright now, or in other terms a ghost. And wraiths hate vampires and vice-versa. Ironic>, isn't it?
And now Lucas is a vampire. Really. Ironic.
*END OF SPOILER*

I hope you didn't read through that because I would've ruined you the whole plot twist of the series. I didn't expect that. Did you? You didn't.

And did you guys notice the titles of the book were connected to the story in a way?

Evernight - the school where Bianca goes to.
Stargazer - because Bianca loves astronomy.
Hourglass - Bianca and Lucas are running out of time.
Afterlife - Bianca died and became a wright while Lucas died and became a vampire.

This is what I was telling you guys about. That you shouldn't give up on a series just because the first book is boring. I gotta tell you THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST VAMPIRE BOOKS I HAVE EVER READ. Even better than Twilight. Sorry.

It gave me answers to all the questions I had and Bianca and Lucas' love was just so perfect and they didn't give up on each other. They kept fighting until the end. Five stars because vampires.



"Forget normal, we're going to be extraordinary."


"We can always hate that which we loved, and with a fire as great as our love once was."


"Is this what it means to die? Because I'm not scared of it anymore. Not if it means I finally get this close to you."

No comments:

Post a Comment